Friday, May 15, 2009

Electricity!

Last Saturday, when I took pictures of the road construction in a taxi, I also snapped this one.



Its a quintessential China moment - one of the many times of my days when I'm out and I see something, and just think to myself "What in the world is that all about?"

Usually, right after I think this, I remind myself that its not fair to call it a China moment. I think its just be because I'm totally engulfed in a culture that is not my own.

I don't know if it is possible to explain this feeling in any other way, but I thought about this picture over the past week, and thought it would be interesting to share with everyone.

Other possible titles for this post included:

  1. Hey, what does this wire do?
  2. No, don't touch that!
  3. How many Chinese men does it take to...
  4. Stealing in broad daylight.

No comments: