Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Apartment Tour

Well this post doesn't have a lot to do with China, in a cultural sense, but I thought some of you might like to see where I am living now. I have also been sick with a bad cold the last few days and didn't go out much, so this is all I could think of to post this week. The apartment is about 126 sq m. (~1350 sq ft.) It has 2 bedrooms and 2 baths and came mostly furnished. I still had to buy a few pots and pans and had to wait for some stuff that we shipped from the U.S.


. . . . . . . . . . .
View of the front door. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .View from the front door.
Yes, I do take off my shoes everytime I come in now. It's amazing how much cleaner the floors are when you do.


. . . . . . . . . .
The living room. The dining area is to the left and the hallway to the right.


Killer Ants on Animal Planet. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The dining area

. . . . . . . .
From the hallway the first door on the right is the kitchen. To the left is the office.


Second door on the left is the bathroom.


Second door on the right is the second bedroom. On the balcony you can see the washer and dryer arangement. It has the capacity for about 3 pairs of jeans at a time so washing clothes is almost an every other day necessity.



The last room is the master bedroom. In the right photo you can see the dining area again. To the right is some more closet space and another door to the master bath.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I love the blanket over the couch. Did you buy that in Shanghai?

Jim said...

The blanket I shipped from home. I think it fits quite nicely there.

Unknown said...

Not Bad! What's the rent on a place like that?

Send some photos of the lantern festival if you get a chance... that'll look cool.

Have a rice glue ball for me.