Thursday, January 3, 2008

Dec 2007 Summary

To give everyone a recap of what led to this move, here is a brief summary. My company (AMD) opened a research and development center in Shanghai, China during 2005-2006. Without going into a bunch of boring details this new center is growing fast and they asked me if I would like to move to Shanghai for a year and help train and work with the team there.

It was a hard decision to make. Rachel is teaching at a high school and leaving early would leave them trying to find a replacement in the middle of the school year. We just couldn't do that to the students or the school. So we decided that I would go and she would join me later during the summer.

So far things are moving right along. The apartment is ready, my passport is updated and I have all my vacinations (total of 11 shots over a three week period) OUCH! We are still trying to decide what to bring or just buy in China but by next week all of the decisions will have been made.

No comments: